Bat Rules: For ages 7u, 8U, 9U and 10U the USA Baseball Stamp is required.
Bat Rules: For ages 11U and 12U BPF 1.15 or the new USA Baseball Stamp.
CCBL Regular Season Rules - All Age Groups
1) Continuous batting order - all players are in the batting order.
2) Free substitution of players in and out on defense.
3) No head first slides, except back to the base the player occupies. No jumping over the catcher. Penalty: runner is out.
4) Catcher cannot block home plate - base runner must have path to the plate.
5) No slashing (square to bunt, then pull back and swing away). Penalty: first incident - dead ball and team warning. Further incidents dead ball and batter is out.
6) Base runner must avoid contact in all tag situations. No jumping over tag. Penalty: runner is out
7) No ten batter rule - defense must get three outs .
8) Slaughter rule: 15 runs after 3 innings, 10 runs after four innings.
9) Minimum of 8 players to start a game.
10) Time Limit: do not start another inning after 1 hour 45 minutes. Game will be stopped at 2 hours and score will revert back to last completed inning if necessary.
11) If a player leaves early (for reason other than ejection), spot in the batting order is skipped with no out assessed.
12) If a player arrives after the game has started, the player can be added to the bottom of the batting order.
13) Coaches must be in the dugout or directly in front of dugout; no buckets or equipment outside of dugout.
CCBL Regular Season Rules - Age Specific
7U & 8U
1) No bunting, stealing, or advancing on past ball.
2) Can play 4th outfielder; all outfielders must be at least 12' behind the base line.
3) No Infield Fly Rule.
4) Machine Pitch uses spring loaded machine set on #9 for 7U and 8U; 46' distance; host provides machine. Batter gets 4 pitches or 3 strikes; umpire calls "no pitch" for unhittable pitch - max 1 unhittable pitches per batter. Pitcher must have at one foot inside the circle and be even with or behind machine. If batted ball hits machine, dead ball; batter and any base runners get one base.
5) Coach Pitch: coach must stand on line directly in front of machine at 40' from plate and throw a "flat" pitch - no lobs to the player's bat . Player at pitcher position must have one foot in the circle and be even with or behind the coach. Batter gets 4 hittable pitches or 3 strikes; umpire call "no pitch" for unhittable pitch; maximum 1 unhittable pitches per batter. If batted ball hits coach, dead ball; batter and any runners get one base.
9U & 10U - Violation of Pitch Count Rules will result in forfeit of game.
1)Pitching from 46 feet, bases 60 feet; no base leads, no balks
2) Pitchers maximum 60 pitches per day.
3) If 31 or more pitches thrown in game 1, must have 1 day rest (can't pitch game2).
4) Once a pitcher is removed , he may not re-enter as a pitcher in the same game.
5) Balks are not called at this age.
6) Base runner may not take a lead and cannot run until the ball crosses the plate.
7) Infield Fly Rule is in effect.
11U & 12U - Violation of Pitch Count Rules will result in forfeit of game.
1)Pitching from 50 feet, bases at 70 feet; runners may take lead, batter may run on a dropped third strike, balks will be called on pitchers.
2) Pitchers maximum 70 pitches per day.
3) If 36 or more pitches thrown in game 1, must have 1 day rest (can't pitch game 2).
4) Once a pitcher is removed, he may not re-enter as pitcher in the same game.
5) Balks are called at this age; umpires will give one warning to pitcher.
6) Base runner may take a lead and run whenever he wants.
7) Batter can run on a dropped 3rd strike.
8) Infield Fly Rule is in effect.
CCBL Summer Rules Used Memorial Weekend through End of Summer
1) Machine pitch: machine settings go to #10.
2) Batting order and substitution rules - coaches will have 3 options. Coach must declare his option to the umpire and other coach before the game and cannot change during the game.
- Continuous Batting Order and Free Substitution
- Bat 9 (or 10 for MP) with additional players as substitutes. A started may be replaced by a substitute, and re-enter the game one time (must re-enter in the same spot in the batting order). If a substitute is removed he may not re-enter game.
- May use an EH (Extra Hitter). This player is considered a starter and may go in and out on defense with the other 9 (or 10) starters. Other players are substitutes, with same rules as option two.
3) Pitching Rules:
- 9U & 10U: max. 70 pitches per day (in one game or split over two games).
- 11U & 12U: max. 80 pitches per day (in one game or split over two games).
RAIN OUT POLICY:
We will make every attempt to play as many games as possible, keeping the safety of our players, coaches and umpires in mind. If we are forced to cancel an entire tournament, teams will receive a full credit or refund for the Tournament Entry Fee. If we play some games, but are not able to play all scheduled games, teams will receive a credit of $75 per game lost. NOTE: If a tournament starts and then is called part way through, there will not be a refund of the Team Admission Fee since the host will have already put a lot of work into preparing for the games.